Anna Dello Russo, Editor At Large and creative consultant for Vogue Japan, has designed a 50-piece accessory collection for H&M which launches 4 Oct world-wide. Once described by Helmut Newton as a “fashion maniac”, the Queen of Bling’s collection is mostly gold and chunk that Queen Cleopatra and Donnatella Versace would approve of. Inspiration for the collection came in the form of Anna’s wardrobe (and her 4,000 pairs of shoes – ok, I definitely lose). Her Tiffany blue with gold filigree detail cupboard was the starting inspiration for the 50-piece collection, most obviously influencing the suitcase design. Other items include sunglasses,crocodile and snake-adorned jewelry, clutch bags emblazoned with her dog Cucciolina, thigh-high leather boots as well as a bird fascinator with a netted veil. Definitely not for the faint-hearted.
Anna has released a pop video to celebrate the release of her accessories range for H&M. Wearing a PVC mini-dress, sheposes on a giant gold shoe as she reveals her collection along with her ‘ten rules of fashion’. It left me a bit dumbfounded, cos’ I don’t really know what to make of it. Have a look and tell me what you think.
Anna’s Ten Rules of Fashion (say it with an Italian accent to get the most oomph)
1. Fashion is a declaration of your own freedom
2. Between style and fashion? Absolutely fashion
3. Fashion is always uncomfortable, if you feel comfortable you never get the look (AGREE)
4. Fabulous at every age
5. Wearing night clothes in the daytime is unexpected
6. Somebody wearing your same outfit? Wonderful, you did the right choice
7. You must wear outfit once (but we don’t have a wardrobe allowance like yours, Miss Russo)
8. Wear coat as a dress
9. It doesn’t matter the size of your body, fashion flatter everyone
10. Fashion jewels personalise your style. Nothing succeeds like excess
Touchingly, Anna remembers to contribute back to society: “Accepting this challenge [to design] has allowed me to give my personal and deeply felt contribution to the rebirth of Japan, a country I am strongly bonded with. Thereafter, part of my fee will be donated to the Japanese branch of the Red Cross International.” Yay, now I don’t feel that bad buying – I am doing my part for Japan too! :p Fingers crossed I can get my hands on some of these gems (crocodile – I have my eyes on you)!
Update: See my stash here!